Skip to main content
Federico Fellini
Member since February 2026 · 22 posts
7 months 5 days ago

I've always written at the top of my lungs and from some secret motives within. I have followed the advice of my good friend Federico Fellini who, when asked about his work, said, "Don't tell me what I'm doing, I don't want to know."

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Ray Bradbury, "Author's Introduction" to 2003 Folio Society edition of Fahrenheit 452
7 months 5 days ago

I think television has betrayed the meaning of democratic speech, adding visual chaos to the confusion of voices. What role does silence have in all this noise?

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
"Television"
7 months 5 days ago

The young watch television twenty-four hours a day, they don't read and they rarely listen. This incessant bombardment of images has developed a hypertrophied eye condition that's turning them into a race of mutants. They should pass a law for a total reeducation of the young, making children visit the Galleria Borghese on a daily basis.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
"Younger Generation"
7 months 5 days ago

A good opening and a good ending make for a good film provided they come close together.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Recipe for a Good Film
7 months 5 days ago

Money is everywhere but so is poetry. What we lack are the poets.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Poets
7 months 5 days ago

If I'm a cruel satirist at least I'm not a hyprocrite: I never judge what other people do. Neither a politician nor a priest, I never censor what others do. Neither a philospher nor a psychiatrist, I never bother trying to analyze or resolve my fears and neuroses.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
"Hypocrisy"
7 months 5 days ago

Hype is the awkward and desperate attempt to convince journalists that what you've made is worth the misery of having to review it.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
"Hype"
7 months 5 days ago

God may not play dice but he enjoys a good round of Trivial Pursuit every now and again.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
"God"
7 months 5 days ago

No critic writing about a film could say more than the film itself, although they do their best to make us think the opposite.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
"Film Critics"
7 months 5 days ago

It's easier to be faithful to a restaurant than it is to a woman.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Fidelity

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia