Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
6 months 3 weeks ago

It's quite true that there were billions of years that I didn't exist that I was never bothered about.

Life itself is sitting in a room with a murderer, while eating a nice meal. You're just waiting for the meal to be over...

LIFE is the terrible condition.

0
⚖0
7 months ago

Universality is the foundation for law. Individuals are treated as ends in themselves, symmetry is applied and justice emerges. Ideologically, we don't have to try to be "good". This kind of kills freedom. We just have to avoid the worst of the bad, like killing, to preserve universality and justice.

0
⚖0
7 months 6 days ago

I'll admit, I was a naive globalist. I still believe in the ideal, but, I realize that those that hated the idea so much are the authors of the problem they see in it.

Now, I understand clearly, those that author the problem that makes globalization near impossible are also the ones who insist it will never work, nevertheless, human necessity remains a monolith and universal.

0
⚖0
7 months 6 days ago

Universal Humanism:

1) Preserve Life (end)

Precludes those who think they get to decide who lives and who dies.

2) Avoid and limit suffering (means)

Precludes those who use absurd exceptions to turn their backs on functional rules.

0
⚖0
7 months 2 weeks ago

There will be a time when those trying to turn the world into a Colosseum for their own amusement will be raw meat thrown to the wolves themselves, and the rest of us will watch, as justice is served, with a clean conscience.

0
⚖0
7 months 2 weeks ago

While the intellectual space does contain universal ideas, definitions, those definitions are detailed a posteriori. Truth corresponds with reality at a minimum. 

0
⚖0
7 months 2 weeks ago

Propaganda:

Good = God (take a letter)
Evil = Devil (add a letter)

😁🚀📖

0
⚖0
7 months 2 weeks ago

The measure of a man is a man. Justice, morality, ethics, fairness, goodness all based on the preservation of life. You can do other things, but you'd be Good by coincidence.

0
⚖0
7 months 3 weeks ago

4 ways: Agnosticism, Relativism, Amorality, Morality. 1) I don't know. 2) Everybody is different. 3) Do whatever you can. 4) Do what you should.

0
⚖0
8 months ago

I'm prepared to teach acceptance of religion, but, religion has to agree to the social contract. If we have to do it church by church, I'm ready.

0
⚖0

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia