Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
9 months 4 weeks ago

I was your luxury. For nineteen years I have been put in your man's world and was forbidden to touch anything and you made me think that all was going very well and that I did not have to worry about anything but putting flowers in vases. Why did you lie to me? Why did you keep me ignorant, if it was to admit to me one day that this world is cracking and that you are all powerless and to make me choose between a suicide and a murder?

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Jessica to Hugo, Act 5, sc. 2
9 months 4 weeks ago

I say a murder is abstract. You pull the trigger and after that you do not understand anything that happens.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 5, sc. 2
9 months 4 weeks ago

It is the same thing: killing, dying, it is the same thing: one is just as alone in each. He is lucky, he will only die once. As for me, for ten days I have been killing him at every minute. Hugo to Jessica, on his plans to kill.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Hoederer, Act 5, sc. 2
9 months 4 weeks ago

Listen to me: a family man is never a real family man. An assassin is never entirely assassin. They play a role, you understand. While a dead man, he is really dead. To be or not to be, right?

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Hugo, Act 4, sc. 6
9 months 4 weeks ago

Karsky: I met your father last week. Are you still interested in hearing how he is doing?

Hugo: No. 

Karsky: It is very probable that you will be responsible for his death.

Hugo: It is virtually certain that he is responsible for my life. We are even.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 4, sc. 4
9 months 4 weeks ago

In any case, if you ever leave me with a handsome man, do not tell me that you trust me because, let me warn you: that is not what will prevent me from deceiving you, if I want to. On the contrary.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Jessica to her husband Hugo, Act 3, sc. 5
9 months 4 weeks ago

They made me take cod liver oil: that is the height of luxury: a medicine to make you hungry while the others, in the street, would have sold themselves for a beefsteak. I saw them passing my window with their signs: "Give me bread".

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 3
9 months 4 weeks ago

I respect orders but I respect myself too and I do not obey foolish rules made especially to humiliate me.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Hugo to Slick and Georges, Act 3, sc. 2
9 months 4 weeks ago

As for us, my little friend, we entered [the Communist Party] because we were tired of dying of hunger.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 2
9 months 4 weeks ago

It is the good children, Madame, who make the most terrible revolutionaries. They say nothing, they do not hide under the table, they eat only one sweet at a time, but later on, they make Society pay dearly for it!

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Jessica, Act 3, sc. 1

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia