Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
9 months 3 weeks ago

I will not be modest. Humble, as much as you like, but not modest. Modesty is the virtue of the lukewarm.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 4, sc. 5
9 months 3 weeks ago

There are two types of poor people, those who are poor together and those who are poor alone. The first are the true poor, the others are rich people out of luck.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 4, sc. 5
9 months 3 weeks ago

If you want to deserve Hell, you need only stay in bed. The world is iniquity; if you accept it, you are an accomplice, if you change it you are an executioner.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 6
9 months 3 weeks ago

Yes, Lord, you are innocence itself: how could you conceive of Nothingness, you who are plenitude? Your gaze is light and transforms all into light: how could you know the half-light in my heart?

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 6
9 months 3 weeks ago

I am not virtuous. Our sons will be if we shed enough blood to give them the right to be.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 5
9 months 3 weeks ago

Catherine: Why commit Evil? Goetz: Because Good has already been done. Catherine: Who has done it? Goetz: God the Father. I, on the other hand, am improvising.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 4
9 months 3 weeks ago

I can be twenty women, one hundred, if that's what you want, all women. Ride with me behind you, I weigh nothing, your horse will not feel me. I want to be your whorehouse!

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 3, sc. 4
9 months 3 weeks ago

It is the same: a chosen one is a man whom God's finger crushes against the wall.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 2, sc. 4
9 months 3 weeks ago

Ah! yes, I know: those who see me rarely trust my word: I must look too intelligent to keep it.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act 2, sc. 3
9 months 3 weeks ago

When the rich make war, it's the poor that die.

0
⚖0

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia