Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
11 months 5 days ago
Style ought to prove that one believes in an idea; not only that one thinks it but also feels it.
0
⚖0
11 months 5 days ago
So far no one had had enough courage and intelligence to reveal me to my dear Germans. My problems are new, my psychological horizon frighteningly comprehensive, my language bold and clear; there may well be no books written in German which are richer in ideas and more independent than mine.
0
⚖0
11 months 5 days ago
I now myself live, in every detail, striving for wisdom, while I formerly merely worshipped and idolized the wise.
0
⚖0
11 months 5 days ago
In Germany there is much complaining about my "eccentricities." But since it is not known where my center is, it won't be easy to find out where or when I have thus far been "eccentric." That I was a philologist, for example, meant that I was outside my center (which fortunately does not mean that I was a poor philologist). Likewise, I now regard my having been a Wagnerian as eccentric. It was a highly dangerous experiment; now that I know it did not ruin me, I also know what significance it had for me — it was the most severe test of my character.
0
⚖0
11 months 5 days ago
Against that positivism which stops before phenomena, saying "there are only facts," I should say: no, it is precisely facts that do not exist, only interpretations...
0
⚖0
That's everything.

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia