Skip to main content
Georg Büchner
Member since January 2026 · 38 posts
8 months 3 weeks ago

Whoever finishes a revolution only halfway, digs his own grave.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

The revolution must end and the republic must begin. In our constitution, right must take the place of duty, welfare that of virtue, and self-defense that of punishment. Everyone must be able to prevail and to live according to one's own nature.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

Government must be a transparent garment which tightly clings to the people's body.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

They say in the grave there is peace, and peace and the grave are one and the same.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

Revolution is like Saturn, it devours its own children.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

The breath of an aristocrat is the death rattle of freedom.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

You women could make someone fall in love even with a lie.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

The weapon of the Republic is terror, and virtue is its strength.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

The revolutionary government is the despotism of liberty against tyranny.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.
8 months 3 weeks ago

There are only Epicureans, either crude or refined; Christ was the most refined.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Act I.

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia