Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
9 months 2 days ago

Happy are they that go to bed with grave music like Pythagoras.

0
⚖0
9 months 2 days ago

Half our days we pass in the shadow of the earth; and the brother of death exacteth a third part of our lives.

0
⚖0
9 months 2 days ago

Sleep is a death; oh, make me try By sleeping what it is to die, And as gently lay my head On my grave as now my bed.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 12
9 months 2 days ago

I thanke God for my happy Dreams|dreames, as I doe for my good rest, for there is a satisfaction in them unto reasonable desires, and such as can be content with a fit of happinesse; and surely it is not a melancholy conceite to thinke we are all asleepe in this world, and that the conceits of this life are as meare dreames to those of the next, as the Phantasmes of the night, to the conceit of the day. There is an equall delusion in both, and the one doth but seeme to bee the embleme or picture of the other;

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 12
9 months 2 days ago

We term sleep a death, and yet it is waking that kills us, and destroys those spirits that are the house of life.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 12
9 months 2 days ago

The world that I regard is my selfe, it is the Microcosme of mine owne frame, that I cast mine eye on; for the other, I use it but like my Globe, and turne it round sometimes for my recreation. Men that look upon my outside, perusing onely my condition, and fortunes, do erre in my altitude; for I am above Atlas his shoulders.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 12
9 months 2 days ago

I am in no way facetious, nor disposed for the mirth and galliardize of company, yet in one dream I can compose a whole Comedy, behold the action, apprehend the jests, and laugh myself awake at the conceits thereof.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 11
9 months 2 days ago

There is surely a piece of Divinity within us, something that was before the Elements, and owes no homage unto the Sun.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 11
9 months 2 days ago

Men that look upon my outside, perusing only my condition, and fortunes, do err in my altitude; for I am above Atlas his shoulders.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 11
9 months 2 days ago

For the world, I count it not an Inn, but a Hospital, and a place, not to live, but to die in.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
Section 11

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia