Skip to main content
↑ Back to the start
9 months 6 days ago

If all things are in common among friends, the most precious is Wisdom. What can Juno give which thou canst not receive from Wisdom? What mayest thou admire in Venus which thou mayest not also contemplate in Wisdom? Her beauty is not small, for the lord of all things taketh delight in her. Her I have loved and diligently sought from my youth up.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
As quoted in Giordano Bruno : His Life and Thought (1950) by Dorothea Waley Singer
9 months 6 days ago

I understand Being in all and over all, as there is nothing without participation in Being, and there is no being without Essence. Thus nothing can be free of the Divine Presence.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
As quoted in "Giordano Bruno" - Theosophy Vol. 26, No. 8
9 months 6 days ago

The Divine light is always in man, presenting itself to the senses and to the comprehension, but man rejects it.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
As quoted in Life and Teachings of Giordano Bruno : Philosopher, Martyr, Mystic 1548 - 1600 (1913) by Coulson Turnbull
9 months 6 days ago

Since I have spread my wings to purpose high, The more beneath my feet the clouds I see, The more I give the winds my pinions free, Spurning the earth and soaring to the sky.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
As quoted in "Giordano Bruno" by Thomas Davidson, in The Index Vol. VI. No. 36 (4 March 1886), p. 429
9 months 6 days ago

Perchance you who pronounce my sentence are in greater fear than I who receive it.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
His famous response to his judges upon his conviction as a heretic, prior to his transfer to the civil authorities for execution. (16 February 1600); as quoted by Gaspar Schopp of Breslau in a letter to Conrad Rittershausen
9 months 6 days ago

If it is not true, it is a good story.

0
⚖0
▼ Source
source
as quoted in A Book of Quotations, Proverbs and Household Words (1907) edited by Sir William Gurney Benham
That's everything.

CivilSimian.com created by AxiomaticPanic, CivilSimian, Kalokagathia